Thanks to my friend Karen, I've discovered Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience. She had an excellent daily devotional and weekly video over Advent. She has a book called One Thousand Gifts. I'm learning to be more grateful and stopping and noticing things around me more. In order to do that she has given us a schedule of things every day to be grateful for, if you go to her website search for Joy Dare (I couldn't find a way to directly link to it). Shocker. I'm a little behind. It's Christmas break. The kids - all FIVE of them - are home. They don't care as much about dishes and clean clothes and order as I do. Plus, I have a hard time completing a thought or a task that's more than 10 minutes long. No wonder I'm behind! I think my new year will start when the kids go back to school. How do homeschool moms do it?!
Day One's Gratefulness Project - 3 Gifts Heard . . .
Dryer
Need I say more?
My children would have been an obvious choice for three things heard. I opted for my dogs. My pug snores so loud she sometimes wakes me up. Isn't that cute? And then the Goldendoodle is just a little boy barking, playing, rough housing. He's exactly like a 7 year old boy in a dog's body.
My brain is mush. My head is very headachey lately and that is something to NOT be grateful for. Ugh.
And, now, for my second day of finding things to be grateful for . . .


Hmmm... three gifts heard... my daughter playing her keyboard, my son as he dribbles his basketball for the thousandth time outside, and my praise cd that I listen to while driving in the car.
ReplyDeleteI like Ann Voskamp's blog too, although I don't visit it nearly as often as I probably should.
Happy 2014!