Sunday, January 12, 2014

GRATEFUL

We had a break in our bitter cold weather this weekend.  This time last week we weren't going anywhere soon.  It had iced then snowed on top of that, and then there was the COLD.  Bitter, bitter COLD.  


So we stayed home a lot of the weekend.  It had been Christmas Break you know.  So we'd had lots of together time.  LOTS.  I mean, L O T S.  


We got 'the call' that afternoon that there would be no school the next day because of it.  Usually, I'd be grateful for a Snow Day.  This time, not so much.  I was ready to be back in a routine, back on the mission field.  My kids and I craved routine, and apparently I was not being much of a self-motivator in that area - not feeling too good towards the end.  Ugh.




But THIS weekend was what I was grateful for.  Sunshine.  No need for a heavy coat.  


The ability to get out a little bit and S T R E T C H.  


My beautiful friend Laura found this old tree farm, and since there was no fence . . . we played for a bit.  Running and jumping and discovering.  


I started a new photography class this week.  I'm SO excited for some inspiration and getting back out and doing creative things!  This week's assignment was about "Defining Your Style."  I love a good semi-posed shot, not too formal.  I love color, and light.  I love an interesting composed photo.  I love a shallow depth of field to maximize my chance of getting some good bokeh.  








Ni Hao Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment