This summer I was able to return to China to work with special needs orphans. I never in a million years thought I'd go somewhere so cool and so far away, and TWICE! It is amazing to see what He has done to get this giant puzzle put together (not that He is finished). I am privileged to be a small part of this puzzle, but a very willing participant. For my part of the puzzle it all started in the early 80's when I first heard of the one child policy and that baby girls were being left to be found. I was about 12 or 13 at the time and just could not fathom ANY child without a family. I knew then that I would one day adopt. I just knew.
Fast forward to the summer of '88 when I volunteered at the Oklahoma Foundation for the Disabled with my friend. I was in love with those kids. That was another time I just knew that that was what I was supposed to be doing. I didn't know that God would put those two pieces of my puzzle together, interweave them with so many different other people, families, and two countries. I'm so grateful that His ways are so much higher than mine!
I'm making this way too short to do it justice . . . there will be more to this story! God is faithful! He always comes through!
So, for now I will share some of my favorite photos of the trip, but over the next few posts I will try my best to share more of how it all came to be.
![]() |
| This is my friend Gael and her charge for the day at the amusement park. His name is Sing. What a great kid this is! Such a great smile and personality! |

No comments:
Post a Comment