I had a good chuckle the other day while dropping off my daughter at preschool. There's a mom there that I see during drop off and pick up. Her child is not in my daughter's class so I really do not know this person at all. From what I can tell she has only one child and he is very well mannered, neatly and cleanly dressed, hair looks as if it were freshly cut every day. The mom seems to have every hair in place, with bright, perfect, raspberry, lipsticked lips, neat, clean, modest clothes. And, then, there's me. As I'm driving to preschool I'm thinking, "Hmmmm. Did I wear these clothes to drop her off yesterday? Hope no one notices."
I was in Target one day with all five kids by myself. Behind me in line was a husband and wife with their SINGLE child (they seemed to be my age, so it wasn't like they were just starting a family and had more room to grow age wise.) The mother asked me if all these kids were mine. I told her that they were. She asked me how I did it. I was feeling a tad ornery, so I told her that I drink a lot. What does that mean, 'how do you do it?' Well, you just DO! The house may be a bit messier with each consecutive kid, I may be a bit dissheveled, we may be a bit later to things, we may not be as organized, but we just do it and keep going.
I like having all these kids. It's like a party all the time in our house (that's a joke, you should have heard our dinner time this evening). With our age ranges which is currently 16-4, my husband and I realize that we could very well have kids in our house for the rest of our lives, and we are totally all right with that!
Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.


Ha! I understand! We have 5 girls ranging from 18 to 4! It gets a little crazy around here :)
ReplyDeleteMy parents had 4 girls and I loved having lots of action going on all the time! I only have two children, but I admire people who have more!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots!
ReplyDeleteIt helps to have a great sense of humor, which you obviously do! :)
ReplyDeleteI grew up in a family of five kids and LOVED it! Your kids will cherish the memories. You are doing great, Mom!
ReplyDelete