Monday, August 27, 2012

Seeing the Jeremiah 29:11 In My Day

The day has been crazy.  I have been going non-stop since 6am and it's almost 9pm now.  The days just seem to blaze by as we go about our harried schedules.  A couple things could have put me over the edge today, but thank you Jesus they didn't!  After my yoga class my van would not start.  The battery was absolutely empty, no juice, nada.  Thank goodness we have A*A!  Thank God I was not in the middle of trying to get kids to school, stranded in an intersection, or anything like that.  I was at a comfy place where Avery and I could chill, eat lunch, and wait until help arrived.  We are TWO payments away from a paid for vehicle and I am so excited!!  I'm gonna keep this mom-moblie until I don't need a mom-mobile anymore.  If the battery goes dead, fine, easy peasy I can handle that (just not in the middle of an intersection or trying to take kids to school.  God is good.)  I saw an SUV the other day that had a license plate that read NOMOVAN.  I want that tag when it's my turn!

The other thing that can put me over the edge is problems with the washer or dryer - this weekend it was the washer.  Normally, I might panic a bit and think of ALL the mounds of laundry I would have when the durn thing was finally fixed.  But, this time, it was a gift from God.  If we have to wear a couple of dirties here and there, so what.  He was telling me to take a break from laundry!  Have a little vacay!  OK, he didn't say that in so many words, but I CHOSE to see it as a gift.

My old self would have been so stressed about car trouble or washer/dryer trouble.  Am I maturing?  Getting wiser?  BAH!  I'm just choosing to see the good in a situation.  Maybe God has a little appointment with me and a repair person or someone along the way.  I just gotta keep my heart open to stuff like that.  Because I don't want to miss anything He's trying to tell me or show me.  He's still growing me and I am so thankful that He's NOT done yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment